Friday, May 8, 2009

All things Feathery


I have a confession of my recent obsession: Feathers. They are undeniably trendy right now--and I am not usually quick to succomb to trends--but they are so beautiful. And what an elegant, yet spunky touch to anything chic and classic.



Simply gorgeous. I touch of retro to such a classic and sophisticated up-do.

[image: darcy miller's blog via classicbride]





A bit more modern and edgy. Feathers with a touch of matte satin.






How over the top? So me! Removing the veil for the reception for a more fun and flirty feel!
From the talented and crafty blog of CrossRoadsCottage:







What a gorgeous way to add a pop of color to your gown. Could be a "something blue"?!

[image: http://www.calexandra.etsy.com/ via the wonderfully talented the gilded bee]




GASP! Birdcage veil. Such a timeless piece and my personal favorite. And yes, I will be wearing one of these at my wedding. Created by the utterly talented Gioielli.










Something smaller and much more subtle. For the bride that wants the added touch of vintage flare...

Not only are these fabulous headpieces a perfect match for a stylish wedding, some can also be adorned for a night out on the town (hubby date night?)! Trust me, there is more to come on feathers. My obsession will no doubt reach other areas of weddings...think centerpieces, favors, bouquets! I doubt there is an area of an event I couldn't place a feather--tastefully of course!

Happy Friday!

Lindsay

1 comment: