Wednesday, April 7, 2010

north carolina azalea festival

For the past few weeks I have been trying to figure out why I am so excited for our mini vacation to Wrightsville Beach, NC this weekend. It could be that for the first time in a long time I'll actually attend a wedding or the fact that Wrightsville Beach is in my top three favorite places on earth. Or it could be that in a matter of hours the taste of a delicious mocha shake from Port City Java will be hitting my lips. The list could seriously go on. But I think what I'm most excited about, and what I want to share with you, is that the annual North Carolina Azalea Festival just happens to be this weekend!

In it's 63rd year, this celebration showcase's Wilmington's amazing art, gardens, history, culture and everything that is Southern. And you know I will jump all over anything that is Southern. For five days, the streets will be filled with parades, performances, a circus, a pageant all whilst I sip on that perfect Mint Julep.



So if you're pondering about what to do this weekend and you have a sense of spontaneity about you, take a drive to Wilmington, NC and attend the largest festival in North Carolina! Or if you're just a good ol' fashion Southerner and can't get enough of belles and sweet tea, come on down! Visit the website for more information and tickets to special events.

No comments:

Post a Comment