Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jackie + Forrest, Charles City, Virginia

College sweethearts Jackie and Forrest were married September 5, 2009 at the gorgeous Berkeley Plantation in Charles City, Virginia.

Jackie's here to tell us a bit about their story and wedding:

"I've always loved outdoor events. It's really something to be able to associate an amazing atmosphere and wonderful views with a day of such great importance like your wedding day. We chose the Berkeley for many reasons. I zeroed in on it because it was on the James River and we both wanted to get married on a Plantation. After researching it, we found out that the Berkeley has a lot of history. It was the site of the first Thanksgiving, home to three different presidents, and has played a pivotal role in almost every American war. I didn't mention that Forrest hadn't even proposed yet, talk about putting the horse before the cart."






"One day he asked me if I wanted to go visit the plantation with him. Down by the river, under one of the willow trees he bent on one knee and said, "I don't care if this is where we get married or not, All I know is that I want to spend the rest of my life with you." That's where our history started, under a willow tree at Berkeley Plantation. Fate lead us to the Berkeley which has seen many beginnings for this country and many ends. We were honored to be a small part of it's history."
More of this gorgeous plantation wedding to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment