Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Friday [and Halloween!]

As you may can tell by my lack of holiday posts, I'm not really into Halloween these days. Maybe I got an overdose as a kid. Or I'm still mortified by my flower pot get-up in the 6th grade. [yes, I wore a gigantic brown foam flower pot around my waist with a huge pink flower head piece. And no you will never see that photo.] But when a meandered over to Kathryn's fabulous blog, Snippet & Ink, and saw this ever so slightly festive inspiration board, I had to share!

Not only is it whimsically spooky, but it bears no orange, pumpkin, or candy corn. Plus, it is a perfect example of texture and prints discussed here.

Happy weekend. And Happy Halloween [from your less festive friend]!

Top row from left: bridesmaid with black cardigan photo by Jose Villa, gourmet candied apples from Michelle Rago, black candle holders from Wedding Style Guide, JM Flora anemone bouquet with black and white ribbon photo by Kate Headley
Row 2: s'mores from Brides, favors wrapped in black gingham photo by Gabriel Ryan via Green Wedding Shoes, fabric envelope photo by Marie Labbancz
Row 3: carnation boutonniere from Martha Stewart Weddings, strapless gown with black sash photo by Bonnie Tsang, silhouette garland photo by Leigh Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment